Tuesday, May 3, 2011

From "50 Ways to Make The World A Better Place"

     "50 ways to make the world a better place"
     My Momma dog out in Nacodoches Texas nursed 5 baby coons that the kids robbed from a fallen tree.
I told them to stay away from those coons but they wouldn't listen.   Boys will be boys.  That's what they say and that is what's true.  That poor Momma dog had just that day stopped nursing her 5 babies.  She was not a happy camper.  And it changed my life a bit as well.  For the next 6 weeks that is.
     We raised 5 happy coons.  After they were thru being weaned from Momma Dog, each of the boys took the one they had claimed for there own.  They all went off in different directions and our "Samantha" Stayed home with us.
     What a pleasure she was.  The stories are endless.  Eventually she went off on her own never to be seen again.  Thats's a good thing.
The truth of the Matter is!!!!!
The Law in Indian River County, Florida clearly allowes people to kill racoons.
There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to prevent it.
Twenty- Two years ago, I read this great little book that told me how to 
make the world
a better place.  "50 ways to make our world a better place"
I went to work on that one right away!
Yes! why didnt I think about that?
 A back yard habitat!!  What a great idea.
For 22 years, two of my neighbors have been killing my coons.  And probably anything 
 else they could catch in their game trap.
My neighbor told me the other day that I could stop worrying about him killing the coons.
 He said he had killed them all.
Well,  I'm sad but he was legal.
So much for 50 ways to make the world a better place.





No comments:

Post a Comment